Monday, July 5, 2010

TODAY'S THOUGHTS


Zillah Leura Bramich

21st December, 1913 - 5th July 2006

Four years have passed and today I reflect on her life as a Daughter, Wife, Mother, Nanna and Great Nan.

Nothing has changed since last year - a photo of Mum still sits in my kitchen watching over as I cook. I am sure she would not always agree with what I cook - but she would still be watching intently. I shall take her to my new home in a couple of weeks so she can share the joy and happiness I will find in living there as I have here at Bimbadeen Court.

This photo was taken on Mum's 90th Birthday.

A Mother's Farewell to her Children

When I must leave you for a little while,
please do not grieve and shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you through the years,
but start out bravely with a gallant smile
And for my sake and in my name,
live on and do all the things the same.
Feed not your lonliness on empty days,
but fill each waking hour in useful ways.
Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer,
And I, in turn will comfort you and hold you near.
And never, never be afraid to die,
for I am waiting for you in the Sky.

YOU ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN MUM, WE ALL LOVE YOU.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment