Saturday, May 29, 2010

MY SNAPS!

Richard, Simone and I taken while I was in Melbourne. A happy snap if I say so myself.
Resting after the Barbie, Rich, Simone, Ian and Tosh.
Craig and Julie taken at Julie's Thornbury Unit.



Well now for my news since I arrived home - Good Friday in fact I bought myself a new house !!!. Yes I know you have all heard me say "They will carry me out in a box from Bimbadeen", but I didnt account for the economy - and my Super was disappearing before my eyes and I was aware I would not be able to realise the final dream at Bimbadeen - so with a heavy heart I started to look at properties in the suburbs that would see me live debt free for the rest of my days. My requirements were the usual - smaller house/unit preferably with a view and internal access from a garage! I spent a few weeks looking around - looked at one in Bellerive - Unit on internal block down a long drive way - NO VIEW - unit was beautiful - by the time I came to terms with living without view it was sold. Next a Unit on a block with another one in West Moonah. With some cosmetic work it would have been good - beautiful view, garage but not internal and extra one bedroom flat underneath. Agent would not let me sign subject to sale of mine - so once again it slipped away. All meant to be - it seems. One Sunday evening looking at www.realestate.com.au and came across this excellent property - in Berriedale - just over 10 squares - brand new renovation top to bottom- inside and outside. I could not believe and within my price range. I sent Cameron an email on Sunday - and got a reply back VERY VERY GOOD - GET YOURS ON THE MARKET. Rang the agent next day and arrangements made for me to visit on the Wednesday - I was in love! more or less told them on spot will owners take subject to sale of my house and 60 day settlement- and David agent said yes I think they will. I asked if I could have another inspection on the Thursday so family could go and make sure I didnt have the rose coloured glasses on. Unfortunately Luke had to work and was unable to attend but the rest did and all felt the same as me. The agent said he would call around on Good Friday - a contract was signed and now I am awaiting the 16th July - the day of settlement. My new home has a water view looking out towards Morilla and Otago Bay - but no garage - I am destined not to have one !
I think I will be very happy there - it will be wonderful for the grandchildren to go running around the back yard and plenty of places they can play hide and seek.


. Went past last Sunday and was pleased to see the SOLD sticker.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment