Sunday, July 5, 2009

TODAYS THOUGHTS


Zillah Leura Bramich
21st December,1913-5th July 2006

Mum passed away 3 years ago today - today I reflect on her life as a Daughter, Wife, Mother, Nanna and Great Nan.

Mum never asked for anything, always willing to give of herself for others. Many happy memories are cherished by my self Russell, Sally and Tim.

Today as is the case everyday a photo of Mum sits in my kitchen watching over as I cook - I often stop and share a word with her - a special moment or milestone in my life - the only difference today is there is a small vase of flowers in loving memory of my special Mum.

A Mother's Farewell to her Children
When I must leave you for a little while,
please do not grieve and shed wild tears
And hug your sorrow to you through the years,
but start out bravely with a gallant smile
And for my sake and in my name,
live on and do all the things the same.
Feed not your lonliness on empty days,
but fill each waking hour in useful ways.
Reach out your hand in comfort and in cheer,
And I, in turn will comfort you and hold you near.
And never, never be afraid to die,
for I am waiting for you in the Sky.
YOU NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN MUM, I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment